Friday, July 18, 2008

Praying With The Porters

Let me introduce Roy Porter (for those who do not know this man). He is the pastor of Oakdale Baptist Church here in Rocky Mount. He is very well respected by many local ministers, including me, and he is a huge encouragement to be around. He smiles a lot and has a great sense of humor. Oh, and he enjoys Dunkin Donuts coffee (which I personally believe should be included along with 1 Timothy 3 as an additional qualification for all pastors).

You want to know something else about Roy Porter? He is a loving husband. Roy's wife, Rosa, is going through a serious health issue right now which you can read about at: http://www.rnporter.wordpress.com/

Many things will be immediately obvious as you read Roy's blog. I'll only point out three: (1) Roy and Rosa's faith in God is very strong; (2) they have many people who care deeply about them and are supporting them; and (3) Roy loves his wife. I mean this man really loves his wife.

I encourage everyone to join them in prayer during this time of need. We here at Servant's Heart Fellowship count it a joy and privilege to pray with the Porters.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can tell you first hand, that the Porter's are a major influence on who I am today. Roy Porter has had many roles in my life and it is an honor to call him my friend. He and his family have given life to many of the words we as believers throw around, like hope and trust. Those who know Roy and Rosa are the better for it, because of who they are in Christ.

bethsessoms said...

I totally agree with my husband (jason sessoms) on how much of an influence the Porters' have had on my life and also the life of our daughter, Adele. Mr. Porter has among many gifts, the gift of "comfort". There have been so many times that he has patted my back, hugged me or had the right words to say to me during a difficult time. And Ms. Rosa.... well..... the right words are hard to come by... she is the sweetest, Godliest (is that a word?) woman that I know. She spurs me on like no other. I love these 2 and they mean so very much to my family. It has been very difficult to see them go thru all this over the last few weeks but it has also been amazing to see their faith made flesh. Their biggest desire during all this has been to see God glorified. They are wonderful. Visit his blog!

Tess said...

Dan
Thanks for posting about dad and mom. Thank you Servant's Heart for praying. I am so thankful for the Body of Christ at this time.

Roy Porter said...

Someone might ask, "who is this masked person everyone is talking about. My family says, smile? What smile? But as for the rest I am honored and blessed to be considered or viewed in this way. Only people who have a gift for perception of another and would describe them this way are truly to be counted as loyal friends. I am blessed. rnporter.wordpress.com