Friday, December 19, 2008

What Do You Think About At Christmas?

While preparing for this week's message (1 Peter 1:10-12) I asked myself this question: what do I think about most during Christmas time? The gifts I might get? Or give? Christmas cookies? Visiting relatives? The look on my oldest son's face when he opens his pink fluffy slippers on Christmas morning?

Gifts are cool - I've finally conquered the Grinch within - when they foster appreciation and genuine affection and not feed greed. But the Scriptures give me something much more important to think about during this and every season: the salvation purchased for me by the suffering Savior. This is what Peter writes about in verse 10 when he begins, "Concerning this salvation..."

Join us this Sunday as we gaze upon this great salvation. It is something that amazes the angels and the prophets of old longed to know more about. I hope we will all be freshly affected by the Savior's loving sacrifice and the gift of salvation! Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Bunnies on those slippers or no?

HeeHee

I look forward to the message. :-)