Friday, November 21, 2008

"God Is... Able!"

It's obvious to my friends that I'm pretty incompetent in many areas. I can't work on my cars (to my mechanic's delight), and I'm not able to fix plumbing problems that require more than a plunger (thankfully, I know a plumber). Those are just two of the many things I can't do. You could correctly say, "Dan is unable to do many things." I wouldn't argue. Thankfully, God is not like me. This Sunday we will explore this glorious truth: God is able! You might be thinking, "able to do what?" Great question! The answer is found throughout the Bible. According to the Scriptures, He is able to:

1. save us to the uttermost - Hebrews 7:25
2. help us during temptation - Hebrews 2:18
3. strengthen us through the gospel - Romans 16:25
4. work in us by His Spirit - Ephesians 3:20
5. keep us from stumbling - Jude 24

Join us as we turn our eyes upon the One who is able and again marvel at His glory!

3 comments:

Pastor Randy said...

sounds like it will be a good service. I'll pray God is glorified.

Dan Rolfe said...

Thanks for your prayers Randy. I always need it, and most definitely when I preach! I'm praying that God is glorified and that we are freshly amazed at Him.

Dan Rolfe said...

Upon further reflection, maybe I should have had you come and deliver this message...