Saturday, February 21, 2009

"Take This Job And..."

Ever struggle with maintaining a godly attitude while at the workplace? You are not alone. Grumbling about work is probably on most people's "top ten" list of personal sins committed each week. In fact, it is probably so common for us that we no longer even recognize this as a sin, but simply as a part of accepted cultural expressions, like that Johnny Paycheck song. After all, aren't most bosses unfair? Is it really that big of a deal if I complain about my job? Interesting questions... let's find out together this Sunday as we look at 1 Peter 2:18-25.

I think the answers may include something you didn't quite expect!

2 comments:

Renee' said...

I really enjoyed this sermon...I needed to hear it, not only for myself but to be able to share it with my fellow coworkers and friends. This past week at my job there have been alot of changes and a lot of unhappy workers. So this was right on!

I think we (I) too often forget that it is not our job to handle the unjust situations or the things that we may not agree with it...we must entrust ourselves to the one who judges the unjust.

Bonnie said...

Wow...I am amazed at how closely tied your messages have been to the other things God has brought into my life the last several months. We read this past week in BSF from Numbers 11. God counts our grumbling and complaining as rejection of the Lord! That's serious stuff! I remember you bringing that same truth out in the message. God must be really trying to get through to me on this.