Tuesday, October 27, 2009

All Saints Day Celebration


This Sunday, Nov. 1, is All Saints Day. I know, your first thought might be, "What in the world is All Saints Day... isn't that just some Roman Catholic thing?"

You might be a bit surprised, but many Protestants celebrate this holy day including Anglicans, Methodists, Lutherans, and other "liturgical" churches. But admittedly, it hasn't been very popular among most "non-liturgical" evangelicals, such as Baptists or Pentecostals. I'll be honest, I didn't think much of this holy day until a few years ago. That has changed.

Some of my beloved friends (many of whom are listed as links on this blog) may think I've gone completely (and liturgically) nuts, but I'm going all out for this little holy day in 2009! So this Sunday at Servant's Heart Fellowship we will explore the value of All Saints Day, celebrate the redemptive work of Christ in the whole church, and even sing a new song, specifically written by Jason for our celebration of All Saints Day.

See you all Sunday! I'll be wearing robes. Not really.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us from "chronological snobbery".