Thursday, September 10, 2009

"Sermons You Need To Hear"

No surprise to those who know me well, but I listen to a lot of sermons. So I decided that one new way I could serve you better is to pass some of these along to you! I'll call it "Sermons You Need To Hear" (creative, huh?).

Just finished listening to my friend Jim Upchurch's sermon about serving. In it he mentions that he uses the word "great" way too much and subsequently, if everything is great... then nothing really is. His point was obvious: Jesus defines "greatness" very different than our culture does. It is an excellent sermon and I recommend you go listen to it. He has a one-two punch combo near the end that should cause you to repent of serving out of selfishness... I know I did.

You can find this sermon here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Two posts in one week! You going for an award?

I am downloading that sermon right now.