Friday, August 15, 2008

Upcoming Resource Table

As a way to serve our church family we will soon provide a Resource Table in the lobby where some excellent books and music can be purchased for our continued growth as a healthy church. While preparing to launch this, I am forced to consider what books would I most recommend to our church family. Here is just a start:

The Cross Centered Life by CJ Mahaney. One of my all time favorite books.

The Holiness of God by RC Sproul. I've said elsewhere on this blog, a "must read" for all Christians.

Knowing God by JI Packer. This book greatly influenced me in college and still does today.

Stop Dating the Church by Joshua Harris. I love this book and the way it challenges my love for the local church.

The Beginners Guide To Spiritual Gifts by Sam Storms. A great resource. One of my favorite books on this topic.

Respectable Sins by Jerry Bridges. This book is like having surgery - it might hurt, but in the long run it is good for you!

I guess this is enough for now. Hopefully I have whetted your appetite. All of these will find themselves on our upcoming Resource Table.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Consider my appetite whetted.